Friday 11 August 2017

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘He Has Come‘


No, I will not abandon you or leave you as orphans in the storm—I will come to you. 
(John 14:18 TLB)

When Jesus says, “He will not abandon us or leave us as orphans in the storm – He will come to us,” He means just that. Although Jesus ascended to heaven, He sent the Holy Spirit to live within believers hearts, and to have the Holy Spirit is to have Jesus Himself. What an awesome revelation it is to have, Him indwelling in us. This is when we learn how to rely upon, depend upon, and lean upon His strength instead of our own. We must daily cast our burdens upon Him and not exhaust our strength. He commands that we yoke (or harness), ourselves to Him, allowing Him to carry your burdens. He has sent the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth, so we need never rely on our own reasoning. He has given us His words to empower us with grace and provide the sure foundation on which our faith can stand and grow. We must never ignore His presence and His teachings. He loves us. He sacrificed His life so we could intimately know the Father and Him. But when we act contrary to His words, we are choosing unbelief in place of faith. So today, and throughout the day continually acknowledge that He has not abandon us and that He is with us now and forever more.

                                                           Prayer

Precious Lord, how grateful and thankful I am to have You residing and living within my heart and life. How I praise and thank You for sending the Holy Spirit to me, to reveal the truth to me, and guide me and lead me into the path of Your commands. Thank You that You will never abandon me but advice me and watch my progress through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment