Thursday 4 June 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – You are My Inheritance

Psalm 16:5-8 NLT Lord You alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine. The land You have given me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance! I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me. I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.

It has been my human nature to make my own plans and then I ask God to bless them. How wrong I have been. Instead, what I should have done is seek God’s will first. I constantly need to be thinking of the Lord and His way of living, then I will gain the insights that will help me make the right decisions and live the way God desires. Communicating with God allows Him to counsel me and give me wisdom.
I will not be shaken, as I have this unique sense of security because I am led by God. I don’t expect God to exempt me a believer from day-to-day circumstances of life. But, when I pray I do believe that He is listening, and He will guide me and instruct me into the best way to live my life. I can move ahead, knowing with a confident heart what is right in God’s eyes. I know that God will keep me from straying off His chosen path.

Prayer

Father God, You alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine. The land You are given to me is a pleasant land. What a wonderful inheritance I will receive. I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me. I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me, He holds me by His right hand. I thank Him that I can seek His will for my life, and follow His commandments always and forever more in the precious name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment