Monday 22 June 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – Preserve the Teachings of God

Isaiah 8:16-18 NLT Preserve the teaching of God; entrust His instructions to those who follow Me. I will wait for the Lord, who has turned away from the descendants of Jacob. I wil put my hope in Him. I and the children of the Lord has given me serve as signs and warnings to Israel from the Lord of Heaven’s Armies who dwells in His Temple on Mount Zion.

 

I faithfully preserved the teachings of God and passed on these words from generation to generation, I have the book of Isaiah today. I have the responsibility to pass on God’s Word to my children and grandchildren, encouraging them to love the Bible, read it, and learn from it. Then they will faithfully pass it on to their children and grandchildren. 

Sometimes, it has been difficult for me as a believer, I have had to be patient waiting for God and this is the most difficult testing I must face, waiting for illness to pass, for a child to return to God and the church, or for God to make matters right in a particular situation. I know many of the prophecies God has given me through the prophets have come true, but  sometimes what the prophets have said still haven’t been fulfilled as yet, I am prepared to wait and accept the Lord’s timing not mine. 

 

Prayer

 

Lord of Heaven’s Armies, You who dwell in Your Temple in Mount Zion, I come before You today, I offer You my body as a living sacrifice pleasing and acceptable to God. I bring You sacrifices of praise and thanksgiving, and turn my life over to God completely. I ask You to have Your perfect will in my life, and I will preserve Your teachings; I entrust Your instruction to those who follow You. I will wait for Lord, to do what He wants to do even though at times this is a difficult thing for me to do. I put my hope in You. I am waiting upon You to act and to accomplish everything You have promised to do at Your appointed time, in Jesus precious and holy name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment