Tuesday 30 June 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – I Give Thanks to God

Psalm 100 NLT Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth! Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before Him, singing with joy. Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us and we are His. We are His people the sheep of His pasture. Enter His gates with thanksgiving, go into His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and His faithfulness continues to each generation.

 

The day I acknowledged that Jesus was God, and He came to live within my heart, my life has been changed radically. I shout out my praises to Him, and appreciate everything He did for me on the Cross of Calvary. He paid all my sin debts in full and He paid the price and penalty for all my sins. When I think of all the millions of people that are in the world, Jesus, loved me so much He sent someone into the hospital to find me. It still blows my mind away even to this present day. He loved me enough that He was not going to let me go and continue to live my life in sin.

Jesus, over the years has broken all the chains of darkness upon my life and He set me free from sin, the world and everything in it. The moment I heard that still small voice in my heart in the early hours of  Sunday morning, God was saying to me, “Avril, everything that has been wrong in your life, I the Lord Your God, will put everything right,” I knew my life would never be the same again. I had the assurance things were about to change and as I left the hospital my heart was bubbling over with excitement, love, joy, and peace and the heaviness I had in my heart before I went into the hospital was now all gone. 

 

Prayer

 

Lord, I sing praises to Your precious and holy name. I shout for joy for all You have done for me. I worship You in beauty of Your holiness godliness, and righteousness. I enter Your gates with thanksgiving, praise, adoration, and love. For whom have I in heaven but You, O Lord, and earth has nothing I desire besides You. Thank You for sending Your Holy Spirit to help and comfort me and to seal me with Your presence and glory. I am Your child and You will never leave me nor forsake me as I trust in You O God.  I commit and commend this prayer to You in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment