Wednesday 5 July 2017

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘Gods Ways’

This plan of mine is not what you would work out, neither are my thoughts the same as yours! For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than yours, and my thoughts than yours. (Isaiah 55:8-9 TLB)

We must never be foolish enough to think that we know what God is thinking and planning. He is ready to show us what He wants us to do, but it has to be when He is ready to tell us. His knowledge and wisdom are far greater than any humans. We are foolish to try and fit God into our mould – to make His plans and purpose conform to ours. We must learn patience and be patient and wait for Him to show us what He wants us to do. In the meantime we can use our time of waiting in wisdom, learning about more God’s characteristics and very nature. The Holy Spirit of God, guides and leads us into His perfect plan, so we become more and more like Him. He works His power in love, joy, peace, faithfulness, gentleness, patience, kindness, goodness, self-control. He teaches us how to be expectant upon Him and no one else.

                                                                 Prayer

Precious God, thank You, Your thoughts and ways, are far greater than mine. I can depend upon and lean upon You for all my needs. I would be foolish to try and fit You into my mould – to make Your plans and purpose conform to mine. Instead, I ask You to knit, mould, and shape me into Your desired will. Conform me into the image of Christ Jesus, and let Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven for the glory, praise, honour of Your name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment