Tuesday 23 May 2017

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘Wounded By Others’

But I say: Don’t resist violence! If you are slapped on one cheek, turn the other too.
(Matthew 5:39 TLB)
When we are wounded and often wronged by others how do we handle it? Before I knew the Lord, I ranted and raged, was angry, rebelled and react to others completely in a wrong way. It has taken me many years to come to a place of peace. The Holy Spirit of God, has helped me beyond measure. He made me feel so uncomfortable within my spirit, heart, and soul when I stepped out of God’s will. Jesus said we should do good to those who have wronged us! It is quite hard and difficult to begin doing this, but as I prayed and asked God for wisdom, guidance and understanding, answers came to me as I read the Scriptures; God helped me to overcome the evil around me. Our desire should not be to keep score against others and what they have done to us, but through Jesus Christ; we must learn to love and forgive others. This is not natural – it is supernatural. Only God can give us the strength to love as He does. Instead of planning vengeance, it is always best to pray for those who hurt you. Those in the world will wound us in many ways. They will speak evil to you and about you. As Christ’s followers, we should respond to those who are hateful towards us in the same manner as Jesus did, not taking revenge or in any way return evil for evil. Forgive them. Pray for them and bless them. Let them see Jesus in you. 

                                                           Prayer

Heavenly Father, I thank and praise and thank You through Jesus Christ, and in the power of the Holy Spirit of God; You have dealt with all the wounds I had before I knew You, and after I have known Your name. How grateful and thankful I am towards You, O God; for Your amazing grace, love, and mercy, You have shown towards me in the precious name of Jesus Christ. He has washed, cleansed, and purified me from all my sin by washing me I the Blood of Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment