Thursday 11 May 2017

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘Eternal Gain‘

And anyone who gives up his home, brothers, sisters, father, mother, wife, [*] children, or property, to follow me, shall receive a hundred times as much in return, and shall have eternal life. (Matthew 19:29 TLB)

                                                             Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will give everything up for the Gospel of Christ. I will follow You, and I shall receive a hundred times as much in return, and I shall have eternal life. 
My family and friends and neighbours have left me because I follow You, but I cannot live my life without You. Everything I have on earth is temporal, and everything I have gained is eternal life. I know that my momentary sacrifices are storing up treasures in heaven. This is not why I have made sacrifices. I am simply answering Your call to deny myself, take up my cross and be harnessed to You by following You. I have experienced the unsurpassed joy of knowing Christ Jesus intimately. So although I have given up everything, I sacrificed nothing – for my eternal gain is far greater than my temporal loss. My great reward is in the life in Jesus Christ and in heaven. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment