Monday 14 December 2015

New Blog Post: A House Of Prayer- Daily Devotional ‘Come Into God’s House Daily to Meet with Him in Prayer’

Wear the Robe of Christ

Reading: Genesis 37:3

“Wear the garments of Christ.”

Prayer

Father, You remind me to wear the robe of Christ. You show me by wearing Your robe that there is danger associated with it. The special favour You give me can make me become insecure and critical. I want to be the one wearing the garments of Christ. Do not allow me to become insensitive to the way Your power and status affect others. I realize now I have not always understood the struggles and frustrations of my brothers/sisters who work just as hard as I do. I know now why I have had to spend my years as a slave and prisoner. It is in prison, which is not a palace, that I come to realize I was not the only one for whom life had not turned out according to Your plan (before I can lead people, I first have to understand them). Let me be careful! I am between robes today, but I can rejoice. I am in a learning period, and like Joseph, I know You are with me. When I come through this I will be equipped for the job You call me to do! May the honour and praise be His alone. Amen.

Lessons To Be Learnt

The moment we meet with Jesus Christ we are to put on His garments, so we may become righteous, holy, and godly. Through prayer daily, we must ask God to dress us in the Robe of Christ. The robe is a symbol of God’s favouritism toward us; we must not aggravate the already strained relations we may have between our brothers/sisters. We need to wear His cloak, mantle, characteristics, and very nature and become more like Him. We do not want to become insecure or critical of others. We need His power and status to affect others around us. Some of us are in a learning period, and like Joseph we know God is with us. When we come through learning and understanding people, we will be equipped for the job God is calling us to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment