Wednesday 25 September 2013

New Blog Post: "Comfort My People"



Deuteronomy 31:8 NIV The LORD Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

God is a real comfort to me and has taken care of all my needs in a very special way. Having God’s present with me wherever I go really has encouraged me. Knowing He will never leave nor will He ever forsake me has helped me to cope with my everyday life. He has given me the reassurance and confidence that everything in my life that has been wrong is going to be put right.
The fear I’d had before I knew God has gone. In its place God has given me contentment and is in the process of changing me and making me become the person He wants me to become. I praise and thank God He is doing this in me and for me. I want to become the person God has created me to be a new creation created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God has before ordained that I should walk in Him.
I pray many will see the transition within my life and many will come to know the glory of God’s kingdom through my witness and testimony. All I want to do is to bring honour, praise and glory to God through Jesus Christ my precious Lord this is so important to me to glorify Him.
When God says He will take care of His children’s needs He most certainly has done this for me. He gives me security, relief and I am relaxed knowing I do not have to be anxious or troubled anymore all I have to do is believe in Him. He is with me whatever I have to face through the Holy Spirit of God; He gives me His wisdom and understanding showing me how to handle my situations and circumstances.
Last month I had to go through one of the greatest trials with God. I had no idea how this trial was going to work out. My sister is a ‘Born Again Christian’, had four aneurysms on her brain then one night one of aneurysms ruptured. I received a phone call from my nephew who is a pilot. He had flown to Serbia with his airline. He rang me from this country with the news about my sister. He was absolutely devastated. He was unable to get to her bedside in Zurich. His flight out of Serbia did not leave until the next morning so you can imagine how anxious he became. I tried to comfort him and told him I would pray for the whole situation and get other Christians to pray for them too.
I prayed and asked God to get her son to her bed-side before my sister went into the operating theatre the next morning because I knew how important it was for her son and for her. God was faithful to me and He answered my prayer for him. My sister had a fifty-fifty chance to live. She was on the critical list for many days, but God in His faithfulness has done a miracle within her life and her husband and child has seen the glory of God through her. I prayed fervently to the Lord never giving up believing God was in the midst of her and He would bring her through the danger zone. I am still praying for her recovery. Each stage of her recovery has been prayed over and God in His faithfulness to her has taken care of every need she has.
What really comforted me was when I went to buy a card for her. I picked up a card with the words in Jeremiah 30:17 NIV But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the Lord. When I saw these words I just knew my sister was going to be alright. God had allowed this to happen for a purpose and reason, we don’t always understand why these things happen to us at the time but already God has done great and marvellous works through this situation for my sister and her family.
My sister’s son has dedicated his life to God and has a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. The transition God has made within my nephew’s life is absolutely remarkable. My prayers have been answered for my sister and for my nephew. His dad has still yet to make a commitment to the Lord as far as I know. I do not think he has but only he can make this decision and so I continue to pray for him that the joy of God’s Salvation will come to him at God’s appointed time. The choice is between him and His Maker. I take my hands off him through Jesus Christ my precious Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment