Wednesday 20 February 2013

'Daily Prayer For Today'



Setting Goals for Fruitful Living

Prayer

O Sovereign Lord, what is my family, that You have brought me this far? And as if this were not enough in Your sight, O Sovereign Lord, You have also spoken about the future of the house of Your servant. Is this Your usual way of dealing with man, O Sovereign Lord? What more can I say to You? For You know Your servant, O Sovereign Lord. For the sake of Your Word and according to Your will, You have done this great thing and made it known to Your servant. How great You are, O Sovereign Lord! There is no-one like You, and there is no God but You, as I have heard with my own ears.
Lord Jesus, I listen intently for Your voice. I ask You to speak regarding my future and I am listening for Your answers. Please inspire me in the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit and impact my choices as I communicate with You.
First, I come before the throne of the Almighty God, and repent from everything I have done which hasn’t honoured Your name. I come before with praise and thanksgiving, adoration and love. I ask You for the direction You want me to take in areas such as my spiritual life, career, and family. In silence, I wait patiently and attentively for You – as I read and meditate upon Your Word, You will speak. Most often, I experience Your guidance as a prodding or conviction within my heart. When this happens, I will be sure to write down what I’m “hearing” so I can review it later. In the glory of Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment