Thursday 25 May 2017

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘Good Deeds’

“Take care! Don’t do your good deeds publicly, to be admired, for then you will lose the reward from your Father in heaven.” When you give a gift to a beggar, don’t shout about it as the hypocrites do—blowing trumpets in the synagogues and streets to call attention to their acts of charity! I tell you in all earnestness, they have received all the reward they will ever get. (Matthew 6:1-2 TLB)

We must be careful how we do good deeds. We do not need to be admired by others, for then we will lose the reward from our Father in heaven. When we give to someone in need, we must do it secretly; and not do as the hypocrites do – blowing trumpets in the synagogues and streets to call attention to their acts of charity! They performed their deeds with the intention of bringing glory to themselves rather than to God. Their reward was the praise of people. They will receive no reward from God. On the other hand, everything we do, we must do for the glory of Our Father and Jesus Christ. We should let others experience Jesus love, His kindness, and His mercy through us in the way we treat them. Without drawing attention to ourselves, give our help and encouragement. Give it without the expectation or hope of receiving anything in return. In doing so we will lay up treasures in heaven, where the true treasures are.

                                                                  Prayer

O my precious God, thank You for teaching me these lessons. I must be careful how I do good deeds for others, and when I do those good deeds, I must do it secretly with my Father. I lean, rely, depend upon the Holy Spirit of God, to show me how those deeds are to be done, through the almighty name of Jesus Christ. I bring all the glory, honour, praise, to God, though the name of Jesus. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment