Wednesday 17 May 2017

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘Love Your Enemies‘

But I say: Love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way you will be acting as true sons of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust too. (Matthew 4:44-45 TLB)

I feel it is really hard at times to love my enemies. Especially, when you know they are persecuting you. But this is what God wants us to do, act like we are true sons of God by praying for them. He shines His light into the darkness and gives us the light for the evil and the good, and then He sends rain on the just and on the unjust, through the Holy Spirit of God. He has called us to love those we might otherwise hate and those who hate us. We must recognise hatred and deal with this behaviour pattern. It makes us angry, judgmental, and cause us to have vengeful hearts. And we must never gossip about others, because this will damage their reputation, and this is a form of hatred too. God didn't come to earth to destroy lives but to save them. We must seek to require the characteristics and nature of Jesus Christ, trusting the Holy Spirit of God to help us, to remain in the purpose and will of God.

                                                               Prayer

Holy Spirit, thank You for teaching me to love my enemies! I pray for those who persecute me! Help me to receive the very nature of God, giving me His characteristics, nature and personality in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord. Without Christ I unable to do anything, but in Christ Jesus; I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. I praise and bless You for everything You are teaching me in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment