Friday 24 April 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – God Teach Me How to Live

Psalm 27:11-14 NLT Teach me how to live, O Lord. Lead me along the right path, for my enemies are waiting for me. Do not let me fall into their hands, for they accuse me of things I’ve never done; with every breath they threaten me with violence. Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.

I constantly know from my own experience what it means to wait for the Lord. Through my time of waiting, God has been teaching me through prayer and meditating on His Word,  how to deal with issues that needs to be dealt with in a righteous and godly way. Things that ordinarily would have crushed me, now I have been helped through the Holy Spirit of God, how to deal with these issues in a godly way. Waiting on God is not easy. Often at times it seems that He isn’t answering my prayers or doesn’t understand the urgency of my situation. Thinking like this implies that God is not in control or is not fair. I needed my mind-set to change. 
The Holy Spirit has taught me waiting on God is worth waiting for. He has called me to hope in and wait for the Lord, because often God uses times of waiting to refresh, renew, and teach me. I must make good use of my waiting times by discovering what God may be trying to teach me in them.

Prayer

O Lord, teach me how You want me to live. Lead me along the best pathway for my life. Protect me from all my enemies. Protect me from there threats and violence. I am confident in You alone, and I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living. I will wait patiently for You, Lord, my hope and great expectations are in You alone. I will be bold, brave, and courageous as I wait patiently for You to act. I praise and worship You in the beauty of Your holiness, godliness, and righteousness in the precious name of Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment