Thursday 23 April 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – God Be Merciful to Me

Psalm 86:3-7 NLT Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am calling on You constantly. Give me happiness, O Lord, for I give myself to You. O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for Your help. Listen closely to my prayer, O Lord; hear my urgent cry. I will call to You whenever I’m in trouble, and You will answer me.

 As I cry out for God’s intervention, I can almost see, taste, and hear God’s response to me. In God’s Word, these verses describe what God can do for me as I trust in His truth. I know in faith He will do this for me. This psalm illustrates that the greater the presence of righteousness (obedience to God), the clearer the examples of God’s blessings. This principle works equally in the life of a nation or an individual. I am learning the more I first seek God’s righteousness and His kingdom, as Jesus pointed out to me, the more I will see everything else will be taken care of by God.

Prayer

O my precious God, be merciful to me, for I am calling on You constantly. Give me happiness, O Lord, for I give myself completely to You. O Lord, You are so good, so ready to forgive me my sins and the sins of my forefathers and ancestors right back to third and forth generation. How grateful and thankful that I have a God who listens to me when I repent from everything that is contrary to Your Word. You are full of unfailing love for all who ask for Your help. Listen closely to my prayer, O Lord; hear my urgent cry. I cry out to You in my troubles and pain and ask You for Your protection and You will answer me. I acknowledge the greatness of God and wait for better days ahead. I am convicted that You, O God, will answer my prayer and You will sustain me in my difficult times, in the precious name of Jesus Christ my Lord, I ask this prayer. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment