Friday 4 November 2016

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘Precious To God’

Who then can ever keep Christ’s love from us? When we have trouble or calamity, when we are hunted down or destroyed, is it because he doesn’t love us anymore? And if we are hungry or penniless or in danger or threatened with death, has God deserted us? No, for the Scriptures tell us that for his sake we must be ready to face death at every moment of the day—we are like sheep awaiting slaughter; but despite all this, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ who loved us enough to die for us. (Romans 8:35-37 TLB)

                                                                   Prayer

Father, who can keep Christ Jesus; love from me? When I have trouble or calamity, when I am hunted down or destroyed, is it because You don’t love me anymore. And if I am hungry or penniless or in danger or threatened with death, have You deserted me? No, for the Scriptures tell me that for Your sake I must be ready to face death at every moment of the day – for I am like a sheep awaiting slaughter; but despite all this, overwhelming victory is mine through Christ who loved me enough to die for me.
I am precious to You; I shall never forget this. I shall never lose sight of these sheltering words. You are fully aware of each facet of my character. You know my choices, my strengths, my flaws, and my glories. You know me better than I know myself. My aims in life are too low, however, and my target unfocused. This is why my confidence is shallow. I ask You to open up my eyes of understanding today, and I shall stop permitting the clouds for sin and self-reproach to waste my energy. You give me my breath, and You number my days. Help me to take charge of my choices today, and I ask You to be Lord of my life absolutely in everything I do for the glory, praise, and honour of Jesus Christ’s name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment