Monday 30 November 2015

New Blog Post: A House Of Prayer – Daily Devotional ‘Come Into God’s House Daily to Meet with Him in Prayer’

‘Unfailing Love’

Reading: Exodus 15:13

“You will lead the people.”

Prayer

Father, I thought my sufferings and hopelessness were bitter beyond words. Through this awful time, I grieved over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope, and I remember this: the unfailing love of the Lord is never ending! By His mercies I am kept from complete destruction. Great is His faithfulness as His mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore I will hope in Him!” It is good for those who wait and seek Him for the Lord is wonderful and good. To wait quietly for salvation from the Lord and to submit to the yoke of His discipline is the only way. Can anything happen to us without the Lord’s permission? Is it not the Most High who helps one and harms another? Why should we humans complain when we are punished for our sins? Instead, let us test and examine our ways and turn again in repentance to Christ Jesus our precious Lord. Amen.

Lessons To Be Learnt

God’s love is unfailing and it never ends. By His mercies He keeps us from complete destruction. His faithfulness and great mercies begin afresh each day. He is our inheritance, and we put our hope in Him. It has been good for us to wait and seek Him, for the Lord has been wonderful and good to us, and we are thankful He disciplines us when necessary. We are under His yoke and mantle, and He leads us and redeems us in His strength and will guide us to His holy dwelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment