Monday 16 November 2015

New Blog Post: A House Of Prayer – Daily Devotional ‘Come Into God’s House Daily to Meet with Him in Prayer’

‘We Commit to God’

Reading: Proverbs 16:3

“We should be dedicated to God”

Prayer

Father, I commit my will, works, ways, and thoughts to You, O God. I lean upon, rely upon, and depend upon You through the Holy Spirit of God. I ask You to meet all my needs in accordance to Your riches in glory. I desire Your thoughts and Your ways to control my mind and heart. I wish to walk in submission, yielding and being obedient to Jesus Christ. I think about the goodness and greatness of my God. He only is worthy of my praise, love, and adoration. You are such a loving and faithful God. Why would I want to serve anyone else other than You? I know I will never be able to exhaust my ability to think about the goodness and greatness of God. I will never reach the end of my praise to Him. I will go on praising and loving You even into eternity where my real home is in Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lessons To Be Learnt


We should be dedicated to God and ask Him to give us a heart for His people as we commit and commend our prayers to Him. If we do this our plans will succeed. We must not be a superficial people who do not commit our work to God, nor must we be people who want to do everything for themselves. We should give God temporary control of our interests and not want to take control back from God the moment things stop going our way or the way we expect them to go. Every bit of effort of our lives should be put into our lives with God, so He can do exactly what He has planned for us. We must not withhold anything of ourselves from Him. We must want to maintain a delicate balance, trusting God as if everything depends on Him, while working as everything depends on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment