Friday 10 January 2020

“Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ - God’s Spiritual Gift


2 Timothy 1:6-14 NLT 6 This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
8 So never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord. And don’t be ashamed of me, either, even though I’m in prison for him. With the strength God gives you, be ready to suffer with me for the sake of the Good News. 9 For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time—to show us his grace through Christ Jesus. 10 And now he has made all of this plain to us by the appearing of Christ Jesus, our Savior. He broke the power of death and illuminated the way to life and immortality through the Good News. 11 And God chose me to be a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher of this Good News.12 That is why I am suffering here in prison. But I am not ashamed of it, for I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him[a] until the day of his return.13 Hold on to the pattern of wholesome teaching you learned from me—a pattern shaped by the faith and love that you have in Christ Jesus. 14 Through the power of the Holy Spirit who lives within us, carefully guard the precious truth that has been entrusted to you.

Prayer

Father God,  I ask You to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave me when He laid His hands on me. For You have not given me a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love,  and self-discipline. 
So, I shall never be ashamed of telling others about the Lord. With the strength God has given me, I shall be ready to suffer with Him for the sake of the Good News. Father, You have called me to live a holy life. You did this, not because I deserve it, but because this was Your plan for my life before the beginning of time – You have shown me Your mercy and grace through the precious and holy name of Jesus Christ. He has broken the power of death within me and illuminated the way of life He wants me to lead. God has chosen me to be a teacher of the Good News of sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others. I shall hold onto the pattern of wholesome teaching I have learned from the Holy Spirit of God. He has shaped me by my faith, love, and trust I have in Jesus Christ. The supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God lives in me, I shall be careful to guard the precious truth He has entrusted to me. May I bring You all the honour, praise, and glory, now and forevermore in Jesus name.  Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment