Saturday 18 January 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ - Contented in Christ

Contented in Christ

Philippians 4:10-13 TLB How grateful I am and how I praise the Lord that you are helping me again. I know you have always been anxious to send what you could, but for a while you didn’t have the chance. Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to get along happily whether I have much or little. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of contentment in every situation, whether it be a full stomach or hunger, plenty or want; for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power.

Jesus is the only One who can teach us how to be content. One learns how to be content day by day no matter what comes your way, and it is a choice we make. The secret to contentment is drawing on Christ’s power and strength. You have to learn to rely upon, depend upon, and lean upon the Holy Spirit of God asking Him to meet your needs. Any desire that you may have that is not in accordance to God’s will you must ask God to remove. What right have we to tell God what He can and cannot do in our lives? As we walk closer with God, He proves to us His ways are always the best in whatever circumstances we may have to face.

Prayer

Father, how grateful and thankful I am to You; for teaching me how to depend, rely, and lean upon Jesus for His supernatural strength and power through the Holy Spirit of God. I draw my confidence and strength from Him daily. I have no more need to be anxious or troubled any longer. I trust Jesus Christ, completely. Whatever my needs maybe, He has promised, to meet those needs according to His promises in the precious name of Jesus. I praise and thank You always and forever more in Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment