Thursday 23 January 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ - Forget the Former Things

Isaiah 43:18–19  “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.”

Prayer

Father, I remember and will never forget those wonderful days, when I first learned about Christ Jesus. I remember how I kept right on with You, Lord even though it meant terrible suffering for me. Sometimes, I was laughed at and sometimes I watched and sympathised with others suffering the same things. I lost many friends, those whom I loved but; I continued be joyful when everything I had was taken away from me, knowing that better things were awaiting me in heaven, things that would be mine forever. I will not let the happy trust in You, Lord die away, no matter what happens. I remember my reward! I will continue to keep patiently doing God’s will if I want Him to do for me all that He has promised. Your coming will not be delayed much longer. And those whose faith has made them good in God’s sight must live by faith, trusting Him in everything. I will not shrink back, because God will have no pleasure in me. But I will never turn my back on God as He has sealed my fate. No, my faith in Him assures my soul’s salvation. I will forget the former things before I knew Your name. I will not dwell on the past any longer, but go forth and I receive all the new things You are about to do in my life. I watch as they spring forth, now I perceive it. You, are making away in the desert and streams in the wasteland. In the precious and holy name of Jesus Christ, I give Him all the praise and thanksgiving now and always. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment