Monday 24 August 2015

New Blog Post: A House Of Prayer – Daily Devotional ‘Come Into God’s House Daily to Meet with Him in Prayer’

My Greatest Friend

Reading: Proverbs 17:17

“A friend loves at all times.”

Prayer

Father, You are my greatest friend through Jesus Christ. You have shown such great and wonderful kindness to me; this is what a true friend does. You are loyal, faithful, and true, the kind of friend who I want to be on my side. You build me up when I am down. You comfort me when I need it. Most of all You are my constant companion who I know I can come to for anything and You will listen to me. I can talk all things through with You, and You will lead me to do what is right. You love me unconditionally, and no matter what I have done in my life, Your love has never changed but has sustained my life. Yes, I have made many mistakes, but I have always been willing for You to correct and discipline me. You believe in me, and so I am able to step out in faith and develop my true potential, physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. You give me confidence to carry out Your sovereign will; this is all I can ask for in Christ. Amen.

Lessons To Be Learnt

The greatest evidence of genuine friendship is loyalty being and loving “at all times” as well as being available to help in times of distress or personal struggles. Jesus Christ is our greatest friend. He came to rescue us and set us free from the world. He truly has set us free, and now we can be loyal and faithful to Him. He builds us up in our faith and confidence. He makes us bold and courageous, enabling us to step out and witness and testify everything and has shown us to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment