Monday 13 July 2015

New Blog Post: A House Of Prayer – Daily Devotional - ‘Blessing Through Scriptures’

Reading: Numbers 6:24-26

“The Lord blesses and keeps you.”
Prayer


Holy Spirit, I accept that You and You alone can teach me the Scriptures and show me how to interpret them. This is Your divine will and purpose for me. Holy Spirit, I know You don’t always respond immediately and understand that it will be done according to Your good pleasure. Holy Spirit, I seek Your guidance on how I should interpret the Scriptures. I ask You to show me by enlightening and enriching my heart to affirm my interpretation so You can shine forth Your light within me. I prayerfully will be patient waiting for You with the view to glorify God. May the Lord bless me and protect me. May the Lord’s smile cause His face to shine upon me. May He be gracious and show me His favour, grace, peace, and most of all His precious love. Therefore, I boldly come before the throne of grace and ask You to receive this prayer. This is the boldness I have in God’s presence; if it agrees with what He wants, He hears me. If I know He hears me every time I ask Him. I know I have what I have asked in Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lessons To Be Learnt


The Scriptures and prayer should be in the centre of our lives. They go hand in hand together and enable us to follow the teachings of Christ. God’s Word helps us to ask for His wisdom, knowledge, and understanding to help us know and do what He wants us to do. He counsels us and teaches us to listen to Him to follow Him, getting to know His voice calling our names. We need to have Scripture written upon our hearts and minds. This is what God has promised to do for His children. When things become difficult, knowing God’s Word helps us to draw from reservoir of God’s promises. It helps us to overcome the difficulties we face. We must ask God that we can retain His Word in our hearts and minds being grateful to Him for the gifts He has given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment