Monday 2 March 2015

New Blog Post: ‘Genuine Love’

Romans 12:10 TLB Love each other with brotherly affection and take delight in honouring each other.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, pour out loving heart and love into me, so I can truly love Your people by Your grace and mercy. Do not let me pretend to love others, but let me really love them in You. I hate what is wrong. Let me stand on the side that is good. Let me love with genuine affection, and take delight in honouring one another in the praise and glory of Christ, as You have taught me.
Never, let me be lazy in my works, but let me always serve the Lord enthusiastically. I am glad for everything God is planning for me.
I will be patient in trouble, and always be prayerful. When God’s children are in need, let me be the one to help them out. Let me learn to lean on others yet know how to lend them my support, let me be honest enough to confess my faults, yet always be willing to forgive others, as You have shown me.
You have said, ‘Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength.’ I continue to wait patiently wait for You, Lord, I anticipate the future with confident hope.
I can walk in the path of obedience and not get tired. I can move through routine days and not grow weary. I can be steadfast, patient, and joyful in spite of deep weariness, kind and calm less focused on my frailty and fatigue, more concerned about others than I am about myself; always ready to speak a loving word to those who are struggling. I always want to be able to help others as Christ God, helped me.
Holy Spirit, grant me Your good fruits, empowering me to use those good gifts, to glorify, magnify with praise and honour of God’s kingdom and name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment