Sunday 8 March 2015

New Blog Post: 'We Shall Overcome'

Deuteronomy 31:3-8 THB But the Lord Himself will lead you and will destroy the nations living there and you shall overcome them. Joshua is your new commander, as the Lord has instructed. The Lord will destroy the nations living in the land, just as He destroyed Sihon and Og, the king of the Amorites. The Lord will deliver over to you the people living there, and you shall destroy them as I have commanded you. Be strong! Be courageous! Do not be afraid of them! For the Lord your God will be with you.. He will neither fail you nor forsake you.
Then Moses called for Joshua and said to him, as all Israel watched."Be strong! Be courageous! For you shall lead these people into the land promised by the Lord to their ancestors; see to it that they conquer it. Don't be afraid, for the Lord will go before you and will be with you; He will not fail nor forsake you."

                                                                             Prayer

You, the Lord my God, will cross over ahead of me. You will destroy the nations before me, and I will take possession of their land. And the Lord will do to them what He did to Sihon and Og, the kings of the Amorites, when He destroyed along with their land. You, Lord, will deliver them to me, and I must do to them all that You have commanded me. 
I will be strong and courageous in Christ. I will depend upon the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God, and He will be my strength. I will not be afraid or be terrified because of them, for the Lord my God goes with me; He will never leave me nor will He forsake me. I will be strong and very courageous for I must go with this people into the land that the Lord swore and promised on oath to give to my forefathers and divide it among us as our inheritance.
The Lord, Himself goes before me and will be with me; He will never leave me nor forsake me. I will not be afraid; nor will I be discouraged. So, I will not throw away my confidence ; it will be richly rewarded. I will persevere so that when I have done the will of God, I will receive all that He has promised. Blessed be (God), who according to His abundant mercy has begotten me again to a living hope.
I will live today with the courage God has given to me. My living hope is in Christ Jesus, and He has dealt with my past because of my future. His best for me lies ahead.
Lord, give me the grace to trust You when life's burdens seem too much to bear. Dispel the darkness with new hope and help me to rise above despair for the namesake of Jesus Christ my precious Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment