Monday 23 September 2013

New Blog Post: "Relationship with God"



“For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16 NLT)

Have you got a personal relationship with God? Do you know peace within your heart? Do you know what sin really means? Many times these questions were asked of me. At the time I did not have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, therefore how could I understand what it all meant.
It was only when God challenged me through Elaine when she asked me ‘Did I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ?’ and I replied, ‘Yes I do’ it was then things in my life began to change. I had accepted Jesus into my heart and life without even knowing it. I confessed I was a sinner before God and asked Him to forgive all my sins in Jesus name. This choice I made was the best choice I could have ever made. When I heard God’s gentle voice saying to me my sins were forgiven and He would put everything that had been wrong within my life right a confidence came within my heart and the assurance He was going to do just that. I experienced peace for the first time in my life. A real peace which transcended all of my own understanding of what peace really meant. All the anxiety, depression, nervousness and insecurities left me because I had put my love, faith and trust in God and not in myself. I was determined never to walk the path of evil again but my heart’s desire was to follow the Lord Jesus Christ for the rest of my days here on this earth.
Family and friends could see something had dramatically changed within me. Where I was once insecure I became confident. I had always found it difficult to talk with others especially if I did not know them yet, now I was speaking to people of all walks of life which I have never been known to do before. 

I had missed out on knowing the Lord Jesus Christ for the first forty years of my life I did not want others to miss out on this life which was eternal just because I was too shy to tell them what Jesus had done for me. I trusted in God to bring all the right people to me and give me the opportunity I needed. I asked Him to open doors which previously had been closed to me to bring the true Gospel of His Salvation to them. 


So any opportunities God gave me I grasped with both hands and if He opened the door for me to speak I spoke with boldness and authority. I told them what Jesus had done for me He also could do for them. The choice was there’s you cannot make people do anything they do not want to do. I have learnt you just have to sow the seed of God and then the Holy Spirit of God will water the seeds to grow within them.

No comments:

Post a Comment