Wednesday 4 September 2013

New Blog Post: "Does God Give Us Difficulties?"



Does God give us difficulties we ask? The answer to this question is sometimes. God grants difficulties permission to enter our lives so that we might achieve the ultimate good from them.
I know from my own personal experiences having difficulties has brought me near and closer to God and I have learnt how to depend upon Him in faith. God has given me a strong faith and He increases my faith when the challenges get tough. My faith and trust is built upon the rock and foundation of the Lord Jesus Christ. I have a great assurance God is with me to help and comfort me in all my trials. He has always been there for me and He has given me courage and strength to go through the trials with Him beside me and I am never alone.  
When I had an accident nearly seventeen years ago, I remember God speaking to me that morning when He said, “The enemy will be there to trip you up, but I will be there to catch you.” I remembered those words God had spoken to me when I was falling. I shouted out in the Name of Jesus Christ I come against you. God did save me within the fall although I was told I had a serious knee injury it could have been a lot worse. I had two operation’s on the knee but they could do nothing more for me. Over the years I have done exercises and continue with these exercises and they have helped my knee and after eight years of being on crutches I am now free of them. I give God all the praise, worship and thanksgiving because He gave me His ultimate grace and He carried me through to where I am today. God had a purpose within this accident He wanted me to intercede more for His people. I counted myself blessed because there were lot more people worse off than I was.   

Another great trial I had to face was when we moved to a new location and the doctor’s practice we were under sent me an appointment to have a Mammogram. At first I was not going to go and attend the appointment because I had a test six months previously. That test came back clear so I could not see the point of me going again.
My husband however was very persistent and said I should go and attend the appointment. I did this although at the time I was very reluctant to go.
After the test I received a letter from the hospital they wanted me to attend an appointment to discuss the x-ray. In my spirit and heart I knew this was not going to be good news. Immediately I went into prayer and sought the Lord’s face. I asked the Lord outright do I have Breast Cancer? His response to me was ‘Yes’. I said okay Lord; if this is true please fill me with Your grace and mercy and grant me the strength and courage to go through this with You. As long as God was with me I knew I could go through this.
When I attended the hospital God’s words came to pass. I was told immediately I did have Breast Cancer and they did a biopsy there and then. I went through each procedure through the hospital and had the operation and treatment they told me the Cancer was aggressive . I am so glad to say after four years I am still in remission. God is a faithful God. He has never let me down. He has always been close beside me and has given me the courage and strength to overcome each trial through His grace.
God spoke to me in Genesis 50:19-20 NKJV “Do not be afraid, for am I in the place of God? “But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive. “Now therefore, do not be afraid; I will provide for you and your little ones.” These words strengthened my heart. I trusted in the Word of God to deliver me through and He most certainly did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment