Wednesday 18 September 2013

New Blog Post: "Discernment"



Deuteronomy 6:6-9 NKJV  And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. “You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and you rise up. “You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. “You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.”

We all need to have a discerning spirit. We continually must ask God for it daily. How else will we be able to discern between the good and the evil on this earth. If we do not get discernment we will walk into the trap which Satan has put before us never knowing what has hit us until it is too late. Those of us who do have the spirit of discernment will be able to discern the strategies and tactics of Satan’s traps.
We need to be rooted in the knowledge of God knowing within our hearts, spirits and souls the difference between right and wrong. We need to teach this to our children when they are young so they too can be aware and alert to the activity of Satan on the earth and what he is capable of doing to their lives. It is a commandment from God that we should teach our children diligently the truth.
We must be trained in God’s commandment’s, who knows right from wrong then we will have no trouble in discerning Satan at work. We will quickly pick up signals that tells our conscience when things are askew; our consciences must remain alive and sensitive so we avoid becoming a slow moving target for the enemy.
At times we may be rejected because we do speak the truth of God’s Word to others and some of the people will not like what we are saying. However, this should not deter us but make us more determined to get the Gospel of Christ out to the heart of His people. A lot of people question this and pooh-pooh it as nonsense because they are not prepared to listen to the truth and do not want to give up their sinful way of life.  
This happened to me. I did not want to listen to the Gospel of Christ either. I thought I knew better than everyone else. I had a belief in God and did not need others to tell me what I should or should not believe in. I had gone to church up until the age of seventeen. I had been baptised, been confirmed and thought I was doing things in the right way. How wrong was I? It was only when I was in hospital at the age of forty that I found out the truth. I did not realise I needed to confess my sins before Jesus ask Him to forgive me and then invite Him to come and live within my heart. I did this and now have a relationship with Jesus Christ not wanting to live a sinful life anymore. I can honestly say this was the best decision and choice I have ever made. I never want to go back into my old way of life but want to continue to grow with the Lord Jesus Christ and live my life totally for Him in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment