Friday 20 September 2013

New Blog Post: "Great Is the Lord"



Psalm 35:1-7 ESV Contend, O Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me! Take hold of shield and buckler and rise for my help! Draw spear and javelin against my pursuers! Say to my soul, “I am your salvation.” Let them be put to shame and dishonour who seek after my life! Let them be turned back and disappointed who device evil against me! Let them be like chaff before the wind, with the angel of the Lord driving them away! Let their way be dark and slippery, with the angel of the Lord pursuing them! for without cause they hid their net for me; without cause they dug a pit for my life.

All my life I seem to have struggles and be in battles which I could not cope with. The more I tried to resist the battles the more they seemed to come at me. I had tried to fight against the forces of evil (sin) without having much success. It was only when my relationship with Jesus began to deepen I was able to go to Him and ask Him for His help. He helped me and gave me His wisdom, discernment, insight and knowledge to know how to pray to resolve the battle I was in. All He wanted from me was to depend upon Him and not myself. He taught me to use the Word of God to pray through situations and as long as I put my part into the battle through prayer He would do the rest.
I learnt to pray God’s Word back to Him believing He heard the cries from my heart and would answer me when He was ready too. He has never let me down yet. I know He is always with me and He will never forsake or leave me.  My desire is to walk in obedience and include Him in my everyday life. He has taught me how to cope with each situation giving me the discerning heart to know the enemy’s strategies and tactics. The enemy is a defeated foe not because of what I have done but because of what Jesus has done for me on the Cross. I know the power of God is far stronger and greater than any other power on this earth. His Word will never let me down. The more I read God’s Word and put it into practice the more my heart is strengthened and I have become very bold and courageous through the Lord Jesus Christ.
God was changing me on the inside and I wanted this change to take place. I wanted to become more like Him and less like me. I wanted to witness and testify that Jesus Christ was Lord of my life and others in the world could see this. I was willing to do whatever God wanted me to do as long as I knew it was Him doing the asking. I yearned to be taught more and more about Him. I thirsted and longed for Him daily and was like a sponge that could not get enough of His teachings. He was the joy of my heart the joy of my salvation knowing Him made me happy and contented. I wanted His nature and characteristics to rub off onto me so I could became more and more like Him. I would follow the Holy Spirit of God walking with Him acknowledging I needed Him to direct my steps in the way He wanted me to walk. Giving God the complete control of my life has released me from all the burdens I have been carrying. Now all I had to do was to continue to trust God in faith and He would do the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment