Thursday 24 March 2016

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House And Meet With Him In Prayer’ – ‘What Is Faith‘

But this precious treasure – this light and power that now shine within us – is held in a perishable container, that is, in our weak bodies. Everyone can see that the glorious power within must be from God and is not our own. (2 Corinthians 4:7 TLB)

                                                                       Prayer 

O my precious God, You are the treasure within my heart – this light and power that now shines within me – is held in a perishable container, that is, in my weak body. Everyone can see that the glorious power within me must be from God and it is not my own.
Father, because of my little faith, I ask You to increase it and I ask for the faith as small as a tiny mustard seed, so I can say to this mountain, ‘Move!’ and it would go far away. Nothing would be impossible. But this kind of demon won’t leave unless I have prayed and gone without food. 
I must move forward, always forward. I must never look back. If I think that my present service for You is hard, let me remember; when I am weak You make me strong. My faith trusts You always to carry out Your promises to me. Lord, giving thanks to You for this is the right thing for me to do, but it is my duty to God because of the really wonderful way He has grown my faith, to love one another as He has loved me. And my faith has made me good in God’s sight, and I must live by faith, trusting Him in everything I do.
What is faith? It is the confident assurance that something I want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what I hope for is waiting for me, even though I cannot see it up ahead. I know I can never please God without faith, without depending on Him. Anyone who wants to come to God must believe that there is a God and that He rewards those who sincerely look for Him. 
My faith is daring to question You – confident You’ll answer me with Your love and never condescendingly. My faith in Christ will always lead me into something good. My faith has broken through the light of Christ and through the long black alleyways of the impossible. My faith is the triumphant hero of every scrimmage, every chaotic tug-of-war, and every battle I have confronted. I know Jesus Christ has won all my battles for me always and forever more. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment