Wednesday 8 July 2020

‘Come and Join Me in God’s Word’ – Ask God for Wisdom

Proverbs 2:6-9 NLT For the Lord grants wisdom! From His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity. He guards the paths of the just and protects those who are faithful to Him. Then you will understand what is right, just, and fair, and you will find the right way to go.

 

We must seek God, and ask Him through the Holy Spirit of God, to grant us His wisdom in the name of Jesus Christ. He will give His wisdom and victory to the godly but not to those drifting through life or acting irresponsibly with His gifts and resources. If we are faithful to Him and keep His purpose in life clearly in mind, He will keep us from pride and greed.

We gain wisdom through a constant process of growing. First, we must trust and honour God. Second, we must realise that the Bible reveals God’s wisdom to us. Third, we must make a lifelong series of right choices and avoid moral pitfalls. Fourth, when we make sinful choices and mistakes, we must learn from our errors and recover. For example some people have more insight than discretion, others have more knowledge thank common sense. But we pray for all aspects of wisdom and take the steps to develop them.

 

Prayer

 

Father God, I ask You to fill me full with Your wisdom, knowledge, understanding, guidance, insight, and direction today. I need all these spiritual gifts to enable and empower me to do the things You are calling me to do. Without You I can do nothing, but in Christ Jesus, I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. I thank You for protecting me and being a shield and shade to me, thank You, that You watch over me and take care of me for the glory, honour, praise of Your kingdom and name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment