Friday 19 January 2018

New Blog Post – ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘Filled with Joy‘

When I pray for you, my heart is full of joy because of all your wonderful help in making known the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now.
(Philippians 1:4 TLB)

I attended church for many years, but no one within the church had asked me, ‘Did I believe in Jesus Christ?’ I went into hospital for a major operation, it was there I met a teacher. I was drawn towards her. She had come from another ward into my ward after her operation. I could see she was in difficulty, and so I felt prompted to go and help her. We became friends. Spending time together our friendship began to grow. One day she challenged me. Did I believe that I was a sinner and Jesus Christ died on the Cross for me. My response to her question was: ‘Yes I Do’. From the moment I said ‘Yes’ to her question, I felt something had changed within me. Early in the morning, I felt myself confessing my sins to God, asking Him to forgive me everything I had done that was contrary to His will. It was then I heard a small still voice say to me, “Avril, everything that had been wrong in your life; I the Lord thy God will put everything right.” God had forgiven me. My friend and I talked things through. We both realised God had planned our operations and wanted us to be in the hospital at the same time. Three times her operation had been cancelled and three times my operation had been cancelled. We could see God had planned everything. She showed me God has always been in control of every detail of my life. God had made all things possible for me, He gave me the choice to believe He was the Son of God, and when I acknowledged Him; He filled me with the supernatural power of  the Holy Spirit of God and I became a Christian.


When I pray for you, my heart is full of joy because of all your wonderful help in making known the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am sure that God who began the good work within you will keep right on helping you grow in his grace until his task within you is finally finished on that day when Jesus Christ returns. (Philippians 1:4-6 TLB)

We’ll believe it when we see God rescue him!” Lord, how you have helped me before![*] You took me safely from my mother’s womb and brought me through the years of infancy. (Psalm 22:8-11 TLB)

No comments:

Post a Comment