Monday 8 June 2015

New Blog Post: A House Of Prayer – Daily Devotional - 'Chosen People'

Reading: 1 Peter 2:9

“We are a royal priesthood.”

Prayer

Father, You are teaching me the most important lesson today. You have chosen me and set me apart for the kingdom of priests, Your holy nation, Your very own possession. I can show others the goodness of God. You called me out of the darkness into Your wonderful light to spread the Good News of the Gospel of Christ.
Once, I did not belong to You, but now You have made me a child of God, and I have received all of God’s mercy through the Cross of Christ. I will not base my self-concept on my accomplishments. I know my relationship with Jesus is far important than a job, success, wealth, or knowledge. You have called me to represent Him to others. My value comes from being one of God’s children not because of what I may do. I have worth because of what He does for me. Grant me wisdom and knowledge in Christ Jesus. Amen.

Lessons To Be Learnt


God called us out of the darkness into His light and wants us to become part of His holy nation, His very own possession. God chose us, we did not choose Him to declare all His praises to His people. We must not base self-concept on our accomplishments. Our relationship with Jesus is far more important than any job, success, wealth, or knowledge. God has called each of us to represent Him to others. All our values come from being children of God not because of what we may have done. Our worth is what He has done for us and in us and through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment