Monday 19 June 2017

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘Don't Be Afraid’

But Jesus ignored their comments and said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid. Just trust me.” 
(Mark 5:36 TLB)

Jesus, knew I struggled with anxiety, stress, and fear. Even though I tried to ignore them, they remained deep in my soul, mind, spirit, and heart. They infected my perceptions and affected my responses. They hindered my ability to experience peace and joy. The stress and fear I felt, reduced my ability to love people. I would overreact even to a slight irritation. Minor problems were overwhelming. Worst of all, my intimacy with the Father and Jesus faded at times and disappeared altogether. The Holy Spirit of God, showed me it didn't have to remain this way. I had choices to make in each situation I had, either; I trusted God, or I remained in stress, anxiety, and fear. Jesus said, “Don't be afraid. Just have faith.” The Holy Spirit of God, showed me in Jesus Christ, there is both hope and promise. The next time I began to be anxious, fearful, hopeless, and afraid, I began looking at my problem from Jesus’s point of view. He has helped me to overcome the anxiety, fear, hopelessness and I am not afraid anymore.  All I had to do was to have the faith and confidence to trust Jesus Christ, and He would do the rest.

                                                             Prayer

Holy Spirit, thank You for showing me how to overcome anxiety, stress, and fear. I have acknowledged my sins before You, and have repented from fear, anxiety, stress in my life, Where I opened the door to these sins, now I ask You to close the door on these sins now and forever more in the precious name of Jesus Christ. Wash, purify, and sanctify me in the Blood of Christ, for His glory and name I ask this prayer. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment