Friday 9 December 2016

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘Joyful’

When a man is gloomy, everything seems to go wrong; when he is cheerful, everything seems right! (Proverbs 15:15 TLB)
it is a time to celebrate with a hearty meal and to send presents to those in need, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. You must not be dejected and sad!” (Nehemiah 8:10 TLB)

                                                                   Prayer

Father, I praise You that I can celebrate in a banquet of wondrous treats for my soul today. I can come and feast with You – I can feast upon our friendship. I can experience the delight of my soul being refreshed in You. 
I ask You to fill my soul with joy once again, and help me to recognise the joy of the Lord. Help me to eat a hearty meal and not groan with spiritual hunger and feed myself with earthly foods, bread, wine gooey stuff, sweets, empty chatter, and entertainments – which are against the desired will of God, leaving me feeling empty and hungry. I ask You to fill me full with the Holy Spirit of God. I can't fully live without Your perfect joy flowing through my veins, You, Jesus; died on the cross to give me the gift of Your joy. Today, Jesus, let us be joyful together and help me to lean and depend upon the Holy Spirit of God, now and alway. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment