Wednesday 24 August 2016

New Blog Post: ‘Come Into God’s House and Meet with Him in Prayer’ – ‘The Past Offers Me Nothing’

For the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. (Songs of Soloman 2:11 TLB)

Follow the steps of the godly instead, and stay on the right path, for only good men enjoy life to the full; [*]  evil men lose the good things they might have had, [*] and they themselves shall be destroyed. (Proverbs 2:20-21 TLB)

.                                                                      Prayer

Father God, I am giving far too much time to the past, to what is over and now gone. The past offers me nothing but more of itself. I shall not be obsessed about the past any longer, but give all of its power it's had over me to You; and ask You to give me the power to overcome my past so it shall not rule in my present any longer;  for I do not want to miss the glory of this moment. It's not good for me to pine for yesterday’s riches. It is destructive to my soul as resentment for what's been robbed from me. Today, I choose to appreciate and open up my eyes to the goodness in my life as it is right now.
You have used my past, both good and bad, as an instrument to create a greater future for me. You see my past as not only healed and delivered from the gnawing teeth of the devil, but as a scrapbook of success to add new pages to. I am a living wonder today. I have a new mind-set in Christ, and I think of terms of today, the way Jesus Christ does, I have given my past in its many dimensions to You, knowing now that all things will work together for my good in according to the promises You have made with me in Christ Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment