Monday 7 December 2015

New Blog Post: A House Of Prayer – Daily Devotional ‘Come Into God’s House Daily to Meet with Him in Prayer’

‘The Certainty of God's Promise’

Reading: Hebrews 6:13-15

“God has made a promise.”

Prayer

Father, You have made certain promises to me, which I accept, for there is no one greater than You. You give me everything in this world, because I am joint heir with Jesus Christ, the Son of God. When You have made a promise to me, my faith in You believes it, my hope anticipates it, and my patience quietly awaits it. I do this with great expectations in the Lord. I will not distrust You or disbelieve You; I will not waver (doubt or question) You concerning Your promises to me, and I will grow stronger in my faith in You. You will empower me in faith to love and trust You, in the Spirit of God, through Jesus Christ, my precious Lord. Everything He speaks will be fulfilled at His appointed time. I give all the honour, praise, and glory to You always in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Lessons To Be Learnt


When God makes promises with His people, He honours what He has said, and the promises He has made with us will come to fruition at His appointed time. Sometimes, we see His promises fulfilled immediately, and at other times, He will make us wait to test our faith in Him. Abraham had to wait patiently to have the son God promised him; it took twenty five years for God’s word to come to pass. Sometimes our trials and the temptations we face are so intense they seem to last for eternity. The Bible and the testimony of mature Christians encourage us to wait for God to act in His timing, even when our needs appear too great to wait any longer. We must be prepared to wait on God to do whatever is necessary in our lives. This is part of His plan to teach us patience and waiting. They go hand-in-hand with one another. His plans will unfold when He is ready to unfold them, and we need to be ready to receive those plans from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment