Friday 15 May 2015

New Blog Post: ‘Listen to the Counsel of God’

Proverbs 22:17-21 NIV Pay attention and listen to the sayings of the wise, apply your heart to what I teach; for it is pleasing when you keep them in your heart and have all of them ready on your lips. So that your trust maybe in the Lord, I teach you today, even you. Have I not written thirty sayings for you, sayings of counsel and knowledge, teaching you true and reliable words, so that you give sound answers to Him who sent you?

Prayer

O my beloved God, I love You with all my heart, mind, body, spirit and soul, and there is no other God that I desire to love but Thee, the One and only true God. I receive Your love for me, for without Your love there is nothing for me. You mean everything to me and I worship and exalt You over all the nations, Your glory above the heavens. From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord shall I praise? Let me be filled with Your peace, wrap me in Your identity and seat me with Yourself in a place of honour before God.
Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn Your commands. Let me pray attention and listen to the sayings of the wise, let me apply my heart to what You teach; for it is pleasing when I keep them in my heart and have all Your teachings ready upon my lips from the Lord.
My trust is in You, O Lord, You counsel me in knowledge, teachings, and prayers. Your Word is reliable and true words that I can give a sound answer to those You send to me. I will never forget Your precepts, for by them You have given me life.
Save me, for I am Yours I have sought out Your precepts. Now, I shall get up and stand on my feet. You have appeared to me Jesus, You have appointed me as Your servant and a witness of what I have seen You doing, I am Your witness and You will rescue me from my own people and You are sending me to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness into the light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those sanctified by faith in Christ.
Father, I have not been disobedient to the vision You have given to me from heaven. I praise You and I commit and commend my life to You through this prayer for Your glory, kingdom and name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment