Wednesday 29 April 2015

New Blog Post: 'My Days Are Numbered'

Psalm 90:12TLB Teach us to number our days and recognize how few they are; help us to spend them as we should.

Job 4:4 TLB In the past you have told many a troubled soul to trust in God and have encouraged those who are weak or failing, or lie crushed upon the ground or are tempted to despair.

                                                                    Prayer

Almighty God, teach me to number my days and to recognize how few they are; help me to spend them as I should and gain a heart of wisdom. For Your Word has supported me; You have kept me from stumbling; and have encouraged my troubled soul. I trust You, O God, and I ask You to keep my heart tender enough to support and strengthen those who are hurting, those who are weak or failing, or lie crushed upon the ground or are tempted in despair. Lord, help me to reach out to them and give my love to the loveless as Jesus Christ did.

Help me to reach out and make a home for the homeless; and shed light in the darkness for Your people. Let the smile of God's light touch others through me. You, O God, don't comfort me to make me comfortable, but to make me a comforter for others.

Give and grant me the love that leads the way, the faith within my heart that nothing can dismay. The hope no disappointments tire and the passions that will burn like fire. Let me not sink to be a large lump of soil. Make me Your fuel, a Flame from God to help others to be assured that tragedy and grief are not a mark of God's disfavour, but that He weeps with them, He loves them, and He will never leave those who are His.

Lord, You are a shield around me. You bestow glory upon me and You lift up my head. To the Lord, I cry aloud, and He answers me from His holy hill. I praise, adore and the love the Lord my God with all my heart, mind, body, spirit, and soul now and always in Christ Jesus. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment