Monday 27 April 2015

New Blog Post: A House Of Prayer - Daily Devotional

I Cannot Predict Tomorrow

Reading: Matthew 6:34

“God Knows the Future”

Prayer

O my beloved God, all heaven and earth will praise Your miracles in Your glorious name. Your faithfulness also will be praised, adored, and loved in the assembly of all the saints. I cannot predict tomorrow. I cannot fully be prepared for all its contingencies, and I cannot fully provide for all that I may need in the future. Only You can. You already have!
You, O God, are never caught off guard. You are never taken by surprise. You will never come up short. So, I know I do not have to live with worry or be anxious about my future anymore. It is safely in Your hands. You give me a peace-filled heart, because I recognize, “My times are in Your hands”. I will sing of Your tender mercies forever in Christ. Amen.

LESSONS TO BE LEARNT


God knows we cannot predict what tomorrow may bring. He does not want us to be anxious or troubled any longer. He has carefully thought out all the plans He makes for our lives. He knows the goals, steps, and schedules; all we need to do is trust Him in His guidance. He will lead me through the Holy Spirit of God, and we must follow Him. We can never be prepared for all the contingencies or fully provide what we may need for the future; only God can provide that. He already has! He will never be caught off guard. He will never be taken by surprise. He will never come up short. Knowing everything is safely in God’s hands as long as we walk in obedience to Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment