Monday 9 February 2015

New Blog Post: ‘Endure As a Soldier of Christ’

2 Timothy 2:3-7 NLT Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. And as Christ’s soldier, do not let yourself become tied up in the affairs of this life, for then you cannot satisfy the One who has enlisted you in His army. Follow the Lord’s rules for doing His work, just as an athlete either follows the rules or is disqualified and wins no prize. Hardworking farmers are the first to enjoy the fruit of their labour. Think about what I am saying: The Lord will give you understanding in all these things.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, I will be able to endure suffering along with You, as a good soldier of Christ. And as a soldier of Christ, I will not let myself become tied up in the affairs of this life, for I cannot satisfy the One who has enlisted me into His army.
I shall follow Your rules Jesus, and diligently and regularly cultivate a life of style of biblical meditation. I will store up in my heart and mind a wealth of God’s Wisdom, and God’s truth, since the Source of Scriptures is Jehovah God. I need His help to allow the Word of God to penetrate my heart.
I ask You to open up my mind and heart fully enabling me to understand and comprehend God’s perspective in all things. I will ponder and weigh the content of Scriptures in accordance to Your will. I ask You to speak to my innermost being.

Lord, You have promised to give me understanding in “everything.” Then whatever I am faced with, in the inner being will be ready for the unexpected. The words of my mouth and the deeds of my hands will flow from my heart, which has been nourished in and guarded by God, with Wisdom from my Helper, the Holy Spirit of God. He will teach me all things, and bring into my remembrance everything He has taught and promised me for the praise, honour, and glory of Christ Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment