Monday 5 January 2015

New Blog Post: ‘Continue to Be Thankful’



1 Thessalonians 5:16-17 NLT Always be joyful. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Prayer

Father, forgive me for grumbling when things seem not to go my way. Help me to realise that whatever You do in my life it is for my own good. I may not understand at the time why things didn’t go in the way I thought they should go, but I thank You for Your divine intervention, saving and rescuing me from the pits of hell and walking in the crooked paths of the world.
Let me always keep on praying, being joyful and thankful no matter what is going on around me. Lord this is God’s will for me. I must be obedient to the Lord Jesus Christ because I belong to Him.
Do not let my emotions and feelings fluctuate with my circumstances. Let me obey the commands of God even though often they go against my natural inclinations. Let me always make the conscious decision to do what God says, and begin to see people in a new perspective. I shall live in faith this is the greatest weapon I could have. Praising God and giving thanks to God helps me to overcome when I am in the midst of turmoil.
Knowing God is in control of all things helps me to cope with the enemy and the darkness that is around me in the world. Jesus has won the victory on the Cross for each one of us and so we should bring Him all the praise, thanksgiving and glory to God in the Name of Jesus Christ our precious Lord and in the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment