Monday 26 January 2015

New Blog Post: ‘A Blessing’

Deuteronomy 5:29 NIV That it might go well with them.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, You call me Your friend thank You for being the best friend I could ever have. Everything, You have heard from Your Father, You also have made known to me. I am greatly honoured by this. The secret of the Lord is with me.  I fear God and will keep all His commandments, so it may go well with me.
Lord, I will follow You and be obedient to whatever it is You require from me. You will not always explain the reasons to me why and I may not always understand what You are asking me to do, but in faith I will continue to walk in submission and obedience to Your sovereign will.
You share things with me because of our intimate relationship we have with one another, making me clear-headed in the midst of all my trials and tribulations.
I will not always see the benefits from my prayers answered immediately, but supernaturally my faith and trust in You will see my prayers answered at Your appointed time.  
Whatever You ask me to do, You will empower and enable me to do it, and the promise You have given to me gives me the confidence to believe it will go well with me and so I can go ahead and do it in obedience to Christ.   
The things You require of me to do, You will not require others to do. To obey You, O God, is better than sacrifice. You are not trying to make my life hard; and I will not always immediately see the benefits and blessings You are setting me up for but I will accept whatever Your will is.

You have a unique plan for my life which only I can do. Your love for me is unconditional this helps me to abandon myself to You, O God. You have proved Your love and faithfulness to me time and time again this encourages me that in the end it will ‘go well’ with me in the precious and holy name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment