Monday 1 September 2014

New Blog Post: “Learning to be Content”



Philippians 4:11 NCV I am not telling you this because I need anything. I have learned to be satisfied with the things I have and with everything that happens.

Prayer

Precious Lord, I know in You I have to do my part in the plans You have made for my life. No one in all God’s heritage will be able to fulfil the plans as well as You say I can do. I desire only to do what You want me to do and so I strip myself of everything that would hinder my walk with You and come before You and ask You to restore and replenished me in Your glorious name.
I pray for the wisdom and the strength to defeat the devil and all of his works. I know in Your name he is a defeated foe.  I have been tempted and bothered by him, but I thank You for remaining with me to comfort me, to minister to me and for encouraging and teaching me never to give up. With Your help You have enabled me to fight off the battles in life with the energy and comfort of the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God. He has given me the knowledge and wisdom needed to pray in the name of Jesus Christ at the mention of His name, He defuses all the obstacles which stand in the way of my walk with Him.
I acknowledge God is in complete control of my life and I trust Him to deliver me through all the trials and tribulations in the name of Jesus Christ my precious Lord. Amen.

Lessons to be Learnt

When we learn who God truly is we are in a state of contentment and only want do what will please Him. The Holy Spirit of God places a desire within our hearts to walk in submission and be obedient to His sovereign will. We should want to please God and know we have to take part in the plans He has made individually for our lives. This is God’s heritage given to us to fulfil His plans and do what He says we can do. We must strip off everything that would hinder our walk with Him and come before the eternal throne of grace to be restored and replenished in His name.
We must continually ask for wisdom, knowledge, discernment, insight and the strength to defeat the devil and all of his works. In Jesus’ name the enemy is a defeated foe. Yes, we will be tempted and bothered by him, but we can thank God for always remaining with us to comfort us, to minister to us and for encouragement given to us never to give up. With the help of the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God, He enables and empowers us and gives us the energy and comfort we need to fight off the battles in life. At the mention of Jesus’ name this defuses the enemy and all the obstacles he puts in our way to try to hinder our walk with God.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! We must set our feet firmly on God's word. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete