Friday 12 September 2014

New Blog Post: “God Works in You”



Philippians 2:13 NIV “For it is God who works in you.”

Prayer

O my precious God, You work your love and power within me according to Your purpose. I thank and praise You for all Your faithfulness to me. Every step I take is synchronized with the beat of the Holy Spirit of God within me. Nothing is more important to me than keeping pace with Him. God You work in me to will and to act according to Your good purpose.
You work through me as I engage my mind, open my mouth, move my feet and use my hands to do what You have already put into my heart. You have given me the ability to perform Your will. I have walked in obedience and moved out to do Your will in faith, step-by- step empowering me as I go.  Grant me the same responses and discernment Jesus has. My walk with You, O God, is the only satisfying relationship I have and You alone are the One who can fulfill Your purpose for me, as I am willing to do whatever You ask of me. May Your name be magnified, glorified and exalted in the precious name of Jesus Christ my precious Lord. Amen.

Lessons to be Learnt

We must not compartmentalise our lives by saying, ‘In this category I’m going to do things in my way, but in that category I’m going to be led by God.’ Every step we take has to synchronize with the beat of the Holy Spirit of God. This is so important to keep in step with Him. God works in us to will and to act according to His purpose. God changes our mind-set we once had when we lived in the world, to the mind-set we now have in Christ. Reading the Word of God changes our hearts and mind and we learn to see the characteristics, nature, personality, and the very nature of God as He unfolds His truth to us. This does not happen overnight. We must desire to want to know God more. In 2 Corinthians 5:17-18 NCV it says, ‘If anyone belongs to Christ, there is a new creation. The old things have gone’ everything is made new! All this is from God. Through Christ, God made peace between us and Himself, and God gave us the work of telling everyone about the peace we can have with Him.’  The moment you say ‘Yes’ to God He gives you the ability to perform His will. Notice, He does not reveal His will first but He expects you to move out and obey Him and He will reveal it step-by-step, empowering you as you go. Every day God is in the business of developing us into a greater likeness of His Son. He gives us individual experiences and put us into situations that will mature us to the point where we have the same attitude, the same responses and the same discernment as Jesus, this takes on a whole new meaning and the walk we have with Him will only be the walk that will satisfy us.

No comments:

Post a Comment