Friday 5 September 2014

New Blog Post: “Don’t Be Negative”



Romans 15:13 NLT So I pray that God, who gives you hope, will keep you happy and full of peace as you believe in Him. May you overflow with hope through the power of the Holy Spirit?

Prayer

Father, You have forgiven me all my sins, past and present. In the precious name of Jesus He took my punishment upon Himself, and paid the price for my sin debt in full. He has washed and purified me through His shed Blood and set me free making me righteous in Himself.  He has accomplished this through my faith and belief in Him. How grateful I am to You O God for rescuing and setting me free to have a relationship with You.
Father, thank You for shining Your light into the darkness of my life and showing me I have a spirit of doubt and a spirit of unbelief. I lay down these sins on the altar to the Cross once and for all. I ask You to forgive me and to deliver me so that these sins will have no more hold upon me anymore. Jesus, You do not hold my sin against me so neither do I. I will not listen to these evil lies any longer.
You O Lord have filled me with Your hope and You will keep me happy and full of peace because I believe and trust in You. May I be filled afresh and anew with the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit of God, from the top of my head to the tips of my toes? May His love and power overflow with hope and love within me, enabling me to bring all the honour, glory and praise to my Heavenly Father through Jesus Christ my precious Lord. Amen.

Lessons to be Learnt

We should never be ashamed of talking about the Good News of Christ to other people. It is when we ourselves have acknowledged we are sinners before God; we begin to see the truth of who God really is. He shines His Light into the darkness and where sin once was He unfolds the truth of His Word within our hearts and He exposes the darkness within us.
Jesus has already paid our sin debt in full so we have no need to hold onto sins anymore.
The joy of His salvation reigns in us and we must get the Word of God out to others who may have been deceived as we once had. If we do not tell them the Good News about the Gospel of Christ, how will people ever know the truth? Yes, at times it can be hard to speak out especially to strangers, but God promised through the Holy Spirit of God He would give us what we need when we need it. Its God’s saving power at work saving everyone who believes – Jesus first and also the Gentiles. This good news tells us how God makes us right in His sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scripture say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life” (Romans 1:16-17 NLT).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Avril….blessed by your prayer and sharing. Isn’t it wonderful that He has moved our sins away from him as far as east is from the west? The joy of knowing His forgiveness through grace is a joy beyond measure. Yet, it brings with it the responsibility to share with others, who still do not know him, and are striving in their flesh to meet His approval, that salvation is found in no other name. I am reminded of the scripture in Ezekiel 33:8 “When I say to the wicked, 'You wicked person, you will surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade them from their ways, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood.” This life of grace is not only to be enjoyed and relished but carries with it a great responsibility too. May we be found worthy of fulfilling this great commission.

    ReplyDelete