Monday 17 February 2014

New Blog Post: NEW DAY NEW YOU – Joyce Meyer



“Change the Course of Your Day”

I am the Vine you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me (cut off from vital union with Me) you can do nothing. – John 15:5


If you get up in the morning in a terrible mood, the best thing you can do is find a place and spend time with the LORD. Being in His presence transforms us. We can change the course of a day that Satan has negative plans for by learning to seek God quickly, when we sense any attitude or behaviour that is not Christlike. Apart from Him, we can do nothing (John 15:5), but with and through Him, we can do all things (Philippians 4:13). I have learned always have feelings, but I don’t have to let them rule me. I can’t override them on my own; but I seek God for help, He will strengthen me to walk in His Spirit, not in my emotions.
What if someone offends us or hurts our feelings? The Bible says we are not to be easily offended or touchy. We are all commanded to quickly forgive those who hurt us. We may want to do what is right but find the doing of it difficult. That is when we need to take time to pray, spend some time with God, go to His Word and let our hearts meditate on a few scriptures that deal with what we are going through. As a result, you and I will find strength to do the right thing. Remember, we are in a war; we are soldiers in God’s army, and we must be ready at any time to use our weapons. Some of those weapons are prayer, worship, praise and the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment