Friday 22 November 2013

New Blog Post: "Your Will Be Done"



Psalm 40:7-8 ESV  Then I said, “Behold, I have come; in the scroll of the book it is written of me: I delight to do Your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart.”

Prayer

Lord Jesus, I understand it is nothing for You to help me be with a few people or many who have no power. Help me Lord, for I need to rest in You and Your promises. I know that You will not wait for me to free myself from evil habits, or to make myself good, or to feel glad or happy. Your one desire is that I put my will into Your hands in everything I do. I commit my will and ways to You in Jesus Christ. Please show Yourself strong in my life, Lord. I humble myself before You. I want my life to be totally dependent upon You and no one else. I am Yours; Yes, Lord, I am Yours and no one else’s. This is the hope that is anchored within my soul that is both sure and steadfast in Christ. Thank You for saving me and always taking care of me. I appreciate everything You do for me in Jesus Christ, my precious Lord. Amen.

We must have the desire to do God’s will within our hearts, minds, bodies, spirits, and souls. He asks us to obey His laws and decrees for they are written upon our hearts. We must portray the attitudes of obeying and serving Christ. We rest in His promises. We must not wait for Him to free us from our evil habits or to make ourselves feel good or feel or be happy. Our one and only desire should be to put our whole lives into the hands of God and commit our will and ways to Him. We must totally be dependent upon Him and want our spirits and souls to be safely anchored to Him so then we can be sure and steadfast in Him

No comments:

Post a Comment