Wednesday 20 November 2013

New Blog Post: "Don’t Look Back"



Luke 9:62 Jesus, said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plough and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”
Prayer
O my beloved God, I will not look back into my past sins anymore. My sins have been forgiven. I am a Christian. I can enjoy the riches of Christ. I am a citizen of the new kingdom. I have broken with the sins of the past and want nothing to hinder my relationship with God. I make a complete break with the world and all the sins within it. I want nothing to do with anything that is unrighteous, unholy, or ungodly. I repent from everything I do that does not honour the name of God. I am a disciple of the kingdom of God; I am keen to provide a service to God and do the things God has planned for me. I put my hand to the Plough and I am yoked to Christ Jesus. There is no turning back for me. I want to go onwards and upwards where one day I shall meet my God face to face. I cannot wait to hear those words from God my Father, “Well done good and faithful servant.” Amen.

The moment we meet with Jesus we should not look back to our old lifestyle any longer. God shows us no one puts their hand to the plough and looks back is fit for service in His Kingdom. Our main desires should be we want to be in the service of God and totally dedicated and committed to give our lives to Him. Being half-hearted in our commitment to God is not an option for those who love Him. We cannot give our all to God and make the choices He wants us to make if we do things in our own strength. If we give our all to God, then we do not have any right to choose what we want to do. We should follow Jesus’ ideas and follow Him selectively. We should accept the Cross, the crown, and judgement as well as His mercy. We must be willing to abandon everything that gives us security, as our security should be focused on Jesus Christ. We must not let anything distract us from the manner of living He calls good and true.

No comments:

Post a Comment