Friday 8 November 2013

New Blog Post: "The Lord is My Strength"



Habakkuk 3:19 ESV God, the Lord, is my strength; He makes my feet like the deer’s; He makes me tread on my high places.
Prayer
O my Sovereign Lord, You are my strength and confidence in difficult times. You will make me surefooted as a deer and bring me safely over the mountains. At the proper time, You will bring justice and completely rid the world of evil. In the meantime, God’s people need to live in the strength of Your Spirit, confident in His ultimate victory over all evil. I ask God why evil people prosper while the righteous suffer. God’s answer to me: “They don’t; not in the long run.” I can see my own limitations in contrast to God’s unlimited power and control of all the world’s events. God is in control of the world and its events. I cannot see all that God is doing and I cannot see all that He will do, but I do trust in Him. He will ultimately do everything He can to do His best for me. Knowing this gives me the confidence and hope in a confusing world in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

The Sovereign Lord is our courage and strength. He is the One who gives us the confidence and faith to make us surefooted in difficult times. It is not only in difficult times we need to lean on God but also we need to lean upon Him at all times. Praising and giving thanks to God no matter what our circumstances maybe is the key to victory. We need God’s grace, mercy, and divine favour to be upon us, trusting Him to intervene when necessary even when we are unable to see what He is doing. In the meantime, God’s people need to live in the strength of His Spirit, being confident in His ultimate victory over evil and trust Him when He says, “He has overcome the world and all its evil.” We must believe this.

No comments:

Post a Comment