Monday 11 November 2013

New Blog Post: In Touch Magazine – Charles Stanley - "God Reveals His Presence"



Psalm 42:1-5 ESV As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my food day and night, while they say to me all the day long, “Where is your God?” These things I remember, as I pour out my soul; how would I go with the throng and lead them in procession to the house of God with glad shouts and songs of praise, a multitude keeping festival. Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise Him, my salvation.

How does the Lord make His presence known in the lives of His children? Although this question does not have a simple “one size fits all” answer, there are several general ways in which God chooses to reveal Himself.
For example, He may wake you from a deep sleep in the middle of the night. Many times I have sat up straight up in bed, knowing for certain that Jesus was right there with me, giving me the answers to some serious questions from the day. Did I see Him or hear a voice? No. But did I know He was there? Absolutely.
God also makes His presence known by giving instantaneous guidance. Each step of the way, decision after decision, He leads us where He wants us to go.
And quite often the Lord will show Himself by giving such a clear word that you know beyond any doubt that it was from Him. How many times have you been reading a Scripture passage when suddenly a light seemed to flip on in your mind? God’s Holy Spirit can bring sudden understanding of a new truth, or clearly reveal this solution to a hard decision.
Another way that God reveals Himself is through life’s tragedies. Can you think of a time when you were so sorrowful that you couldn’t even move – and courage to go on, despite the pain? You may even have marvelled at discovering your strength and wondered where it came from. It was the One who is always within, always empowering. All we have to do is say, “Lord, I need You at this moment.” And He is there – always.

No comments:

Post a Comment